- August 8, 2018: Starting July 1, 2018, Chinese people can enter Qatar without visa for staying up to 1 month.
- February 06, 2018: IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society approved the technical sponsorship for this conference.
- January 25, 2018: Qatar ranks the safest country with the lowest Crime Index for Country in 2017 by NUMBEO, the world’s largest database of user contributed data about cities and countries worldwide. Qatar ranked second safest country in the world, second to Japan in 2018 ranking.
- January 25, 2018: Qatar Airways named world's best airline for 2017 in annual Skytrax World Airline Awards. It offers direct flight from Doha, Qatar to more than
150 destinations in the world, including 7 cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Chongqing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Hong Kong in China
- January 24, 2018: Thanks to a host of visa facilitation measures, Qatar is now the most open country in the Middle East. Nationals of 80 countries are eligible for visa-free entry into the State of Qatar, with varying allowable lengths of stay. Nationals of the eligible countries do not require any prior visa arrangements and can obtain a visa waiver upon arrival to Qatar. These countries include: Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey (for people from these countries, can stay up to 90 days); Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Georgia, Guyana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Maldives, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Republic of Macedonia, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Suriname, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela (can stay up to 30 days).
- January 04, 2018: The website is open.